THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

OFFICE OF THE INFORMATION OFFICER
STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW!!!

1. Re: POST UTME SCREENING DATE 2016
Our attention has been drawn to an online publication of a date for the 2016 post-UTME screening. It is of great importance that I refute the authenticity of such a post. Ordinarily, I would have remained calm till Tuesday when I will be able to confirm that date from the admissions office of the university, but then, a careful look at the dates listed in the timetable for the screening makes it clear that it is an edited copy of last year's screening timetable. Another pointer to the suspicious nature of the post is the fact that the mode of payment as stated therein is E-TRANZACT which has ceased to be in use since the enforcement of the TSA Policy by the federal government.
Whatever the originators of such a post wishes to achieve is difficult to comprehend. However, since it is our duty to keep you up-to-date with the right information, I wish to plead with all Lions and Lionesses that you act carefully as regards such information. We have promised to serve you well in the area of information, and it will be a failure on our part if we watch while you get confused by some mischief makers. Two major sources of information for the university community in general remain www.unn.edu.ng (the university website) and www.unnmaxinfo.blogspot.com (the SUG Blog). Please if the news is not on either of these; disregard it except for posts I or members of the Information Crew 2016/2017 who will be unveiled soon make. Also, for prompt clarification on any controversial post or information, please call 08023139377.

2. Re: ONLINE REGISTRATION OF COURSES
We are not unaware of the inability of students to register their courses online due to so many errors on the part of the university's ICT Unit of the university among other issues. In reaction to this, I visited the Registrar's office to see if there will be an extension of the deadline for course online registration and the response was favourable. According to the staff, many students had already written through their HODs complaining about the same and so the unit is working on it. Once it is rectified, a new schedule for course online registration will be announced.
However, the aspect of N500.00 penalty for late registration could not, as at the time of the visit, yield any response as neither the registrar nor his secretary was on seat. I therefore wish to appeal with us to patiently await the response from both the Registrar and the ICT Unit. As soon as we have any information on this, we will update you promptly.

3. PERSONAL
I have not been as constant as I would love to online. It think it necessary that I let you all know that according to the new mandate given me by you all, I now have a duty to all students, online as well as offline. While we wait for the unveiling of the new Information Crew, I will continue to do most of the works myself. So, when I am not online, please bear with me as I am probably attending to some persons who do not have the privilege to be online or seeking answers to some questions already on my table. We are determined to keep improving in our services to you on regular basis.
Your friend and colleague in the Den,
Comr. Chibueze Okeke,
Information Officer,
SUG, UNN

Comments

Popular Posts