ONCE UPON A DECEMBER


"The time when the whistling breeze caresses the parched skin. The moment when the soul's music begins to ring in reverberating delight to respond to the gleeful atmosphere beyond. A profound wonder this season when goats, cow and chicken do shudder with silent fear in anticipation of the butcher's knife. I sit weary my heart a ponder with thoughts of things unjoyful.  I wish with solemn plea that it wouldn't come so soon. This season, this time, this year when people do celebrate in unrestrained jubilation. I must now differ on point of circumstance, Christmas has presented in its joyous wake, a hell to me each time for the past twenty years now." "Why" Sandra asked apparently shocked by this news. "Old age presents a different feeling for old people'' she replied. "Ask your grandma" she added and was silent.

Comments

Popular Posts