HEARTFELT APPRECIATION

Yesterday did not start like any other day
And definitely did not end like one
It was a day we marked the beginning of another round of 365 days in our lives
And trust me, this is the best so far

We appreciate all the calls, the SMS, the updates and chats on social media, the secret prayers and calls to mind. For these and many more, we say THANK YOU

OKEKE CHIBUEZE and
OKAFOR CHIBUZOR could not have had a better birthday celebration. We owe it all to you:

To the Lord God Almighty who deemed it fit to keep us alive, well and strong till date. It is He who gives seeds to the sower and bread to the eater. The author and finisher of our faith. To Him be the Glory in heaven and on earth forever in Jesus name.
Brothers, sisters and family at large
Friends, brethren, colleagues, business associates, partners and clients, etc.

We pray the Lord bless and keep you all, making the light of His countenance to shine upon you, keep you and give you perfect peace in the midst of the greatest turmoil.

AND SPECIALLY TO THE DEN

I want to specially appreciate my academic family for the love expressed through your wishes and prayers yesterday. One common message from those wishes is "JIDE KA IJI" (Consistency). The message came at a time in my life when I tried comparing myself to others and it reminded me that I can only be the ME God has created for His good purpose. Thus, any form of comparison is foolishness.
To my brothers and sisters, dad and mum, extended family, I love you all. Thank you for knowing so much about me, yet proud of me.
To my beloved family in Christ, brethren in whose company I am sharpened and oiled for the journey, *"may your garments always be white and your heads never lack oil"* (Obah Kenneth, 2014).

To my beloved academic family:
Class of 2017, Archaeology Department, UNN (Nuclear)
ATSA and FASA (Extended)
You remain my source of joy, my very back bone throughout my academic and political adventure.
Especially to
Mr. and Mrs. J. U. Ngonadi, a unique couple with whom God blessed the Department of Archaeology in UNN.
Prof. Damian Opata of English and Literary Studies Department, UNN
Dr. Uchendu Goodhead Chukwu of Veterinary Medicine, UNN

To my beloved Lions and Lionesses, young men and women pregnant with greatness never seen or heard since the creation of the world
To our Superlions and Superlionesses, men and women who pulled me by the hand, and placed me on the height beside them. They were not ashamed of me even when they had good reasons to be.
To my political allies and opponents, "Politics brought us together, and now we have become friends. I still bless the Lord who made our paths cross".
To my beloved family of Class Reps, UNN,
"The best place to start from is where you are.
I tell you this, MAKE THAT DECISION NEVER TO LEAVE A PLACE THE WAY YOU MET IT BUT BETTER.
When you do so, one position at a time, you will achieve the greatness you seek."
To the various Student organizations in UNN headed by the Students' Union Government, I am grateful you gave me the chance to grow through you.

I have prayed and will continue to pray to God for wisdom, strength and courage to never leave this path on which He has placed me, but to continue therein unto greater works, achievements and impart. Till then,
I remain your ever loyal friend and brother,

Okeke Chibueze

Comments

Popular Posts