HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE UNIQUE TWIN OF THE UNION

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE UNIQUE TWIN

At first I got confused about their identity
It isn't easy spotting the difference between them
Met one in Biological Sciences and the other in the Social Sciences
To the other I said, "How about what we discussed earlier"

She looked at me, confused while I felt lost
Did she forget so soon?
What could be amiss?
Then I "reminded" her but she said
"Maybe you spoke with my sister, not me"

You would see one in Okpara and the other in Balewa
And you would be wondering
"How did she get here so soon"
This is the funny situation a number of us faced during the last electoral processes as we pursued our political ambitions
Until I found out that there were two Njezes

Separated by faculties and some times by hostel allocation
They remain bound by the one soul in two bodies
They take it personal when it has to do with enthroning quality leadership
To them, it is not about how much you can offer but how well you can serve

Though I still cannot differentiate between you two
It doesn't matter anyway
I remain grateful to you for the stunt you pulled across faculties to bring myself and my colleagues this far
Even after our victories
You remained there in advisory roles
Supporting as much as you can till date
I may not be able to pay you back
Neither may we the current executives of the Union
But trust me when I say
Your impact in our lives will not be forgotten in a hurry
Together we say,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
CHIOMA AND OLUCHI NJEZE
May the Lord lead you to His predestined place of rest for you
May your future be blessed beyond imagination
Ad multos annos!!!
Comr. Okeke Chibueze

Comments

Popular Posts