FOR THE RECORDS. Re: SUG ELECT-INFO MANAGER

My attention has been drawn to the misconception raised by my last picture update on social networks which has the following words attached to my name (SUG ELECT-INFO MANAGER). While the post was aimed at encouraging my numerous readers and fans, especially the Lions and Lionesses whom we have been called to serve to remain consistent in what they do and are known for (just as I have been consistent with keeping you informed), many misunderstood the designation therein.

HERE ARE THE FACTS:
1.    SUG ELECT-INFO MANAGER is only a short form of SUG ELECTRONIC INFORMATION MANAGER which has been my designation by the appointment of the Information Officer since February 2015. As the Electronic Information Manager, I have worked hard to ensure that students (old, new and prospective) are kept up to date, and timely and authentic information is disseminated as often as possible.
2.    Unfortunately, I made the post some days after we attended the screening exercise for candidates interested in the forthcoming SUG elections. Thus, some persons understood it as meaning that I have been screened or cleared unopposed. This is not so. The results of the screening have not been published, and until it is, no one has the right to make any publication or presume a foreknowledge of its outcome. I know these rules and regulations guiding the electoral process, and as a law-abiding student of the university who also understands the consequences, I will not in any way flout them.
3.    Since my appointment by the Information Officer, I have attached the following to my posts as a means of authentication.
?Comr. Okeke Chibueze
 Manager,
 Electronic Information,
 SUG, UNN?
Thus, I did not think it wrong seeing how the designer of the picture rearranged it. However, considering the dust it has thus far raised, I wish to sincerely apologize. All inconveniences are regretted.
4.    Through the inspiration of friends and well-wishers, I have come up with a hashtag which I will henceforth attach to my posts as a means of authenticating them, and as an alternative to my designation. It is:
?Comr. Okeke Chibueze
#Keeping_You_Informed!!!?
Subsequent posts will either carry this hashtag or my designation which will henceforth be for very official posts.
I sincerely appreciate all who reacted to this error positively or negatively. All these help us serve you better.

Comr. Okeke Chibueze
Manager,
Electronic Information,
SUG, UNN
Please share

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

Comments

Popular Posts